Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Accountability

Happy New Year, and Happy New You,

Every new year is a clean slate, and is the most wonderful opportunity to get started on new projects and goals.  The first of my posts this year is on accountability.  Holding ourselves accountable for our actions is so very important, and will help us to achieve our goals.

For the longest time, I would not allow a weight scale in the house, I dreaded getting on it, and did not want to see those numbers for any reason.  Now I have one in my bathroom, and I step on it at least once a week.  I try to remember the same phrase that my best friend uses,

"It's not good, It's not bad, It's just where I am right now"

That being said.  I added just 3 pounds to my foxy figure for the holidays.  A precious gift to myself of yummy homebaked goods!  I can live with that.

During 2012, I managed to lose 40 pounds, and 5 dress sizes, and I'm happy to say that I have maintained that, within a 5 pound fluctuation.  Now I'm looking forward to getting more toned and building muscle.  Overall the goal is and always was, to just feel really good, and to be confident in my own skin.

So, where am I today.....

I am at 165 pounds, still wearing my size 8 Rods jeans, though they are bit snug.

What is my first step (remember to break it all down)?

Try to stay away from sugary snacks for at least a week, and start using the "My Fitness Pal" app on my cell phone again. 

If I can make myself accountable for the foods I eat, and the actions I take toward healthy living, then all the better!

Happy New Year!

The Healthy Equestrian

HealthyEquestrian@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Healthy-Equestrian/265599263565722

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Great post!
    You are brave to list your weight! I am not so brave. I recently saw "Sick, Fat and Nearly Dead" and they talked about juicing for weight loss. I can stand to lose 50 pounds. I am sure my horse would thank me! Anyway, I am going to research the juicing/fasting thing and then 100 carb a day diet and, of course, the treadmill. Mine is stuck on a 20% grade so I'll work a bit harder! I will be amazed if I l can last 1 week with a juice fast.
    I will miss my hazelnut coffee!!
    Warmly,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete